Columbia Theological Seminary offers six degree programs at the master’s and doctoral levels. As an accredited theological school of the Presbyterian Church (USA), we engage students internationally with some of the best faculty anywhere! We host a large table for people from all denominations and backgrounds. For full descriptions of each program we offer, you may click on the links below.
Basic Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Practical Theology (MAPT)* is a specialized degree program for professional and volunteer ministry with areas of concentration in Christian Education, Christian Leadership, Pastoral Care/Pastoral Theology, and Worship.
- Master of Arts (Theological Studies) (MA[TS]) is a flexible academic degree program especially for those interested in pursuing specialized ministry or doctoral studies with focus areas in Old Testament, New Testament, theology, church history, and ethics.
- Master of Divinity (MDiv)* is a professional degree program preparing students for ordination in a variety of ministries including pastor, teacher, evangelist, chaplain, or any church leadership position.
*A dual degree option exists for the MDiv and MAPT programs.
Advanced Degree Programs
- Master of Theology (ThM) is particularly designed for persons who wish to pursue a further year of academic preparation for Christian ministry, are preparing to teach, or seek a terminal degree.
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin) is a leadership development program designed for experienced pastors of any denomination currently engaged in ministry in US and other North American or Caribbean settings.
- Doctor of Educational Ministry (DEdMin) is open to qualified applicants currently engaged in ministries of Christian education.
Partnerships help make a great graduate school even better! See some the organizations and programs with which we cooperate here in the Atlanta, GA area and around the USA.
For more information about our programs, courses, and other classes, you may use the links below.