**All times and events between 8:00 am on Friday and 2:00 pm on Saturday are tentative and subject to change**
Thursday, February 22nd
- Pre-Event Arrivals Staying on Campus Overnight
- Greeters will be staffing the Harrington Center from 5:00 – 10:00 pm
- Water and lemonade will be available
- Self-Check-In is possible at any time following the lodging instructions
- Student Potluck at 6:00 pm in the New Residence Hall Kitchen (Prospective students: no need to bring anything!) See a Harrington Center Greeter or contact Nell Herring
- Issues late/overnight Thursday or Friday nights? Contact student Bryan Amick at 863-289-3534.
Friday, February 23rd
- 7:30-8:00 Full Breakfast served (Richards Center Dining Hall)
- 8:00 am Welcome and Morning Prayer (Broyles Leadership Center 103)
- Come in time to check-in and get settled
- Light refreshments available
- 8:30 – 10:00 am
- Class Session
- New Testament Interpretation | Dr. Raj Nadella (BLC 101)
- 10:10 am – 10:45 am Chapel Service | Dr. Christine Hong (Campbell Hall Chapel)
- 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
- Welcome to CTS with Dr. Leanne Van Dyk, President (BLC 103)
- Conversation on Curriculum with Dr. Christine Roy Yoder, Academic Dean (BLC 103)
- 12:15 – 1:30 pm Faculty Luncheon: Stories of the Columbia Experience (Ellis Room – Richards Center)
- 1:30 – 3:30 pm Admissions Interviews / Faculty Conversations (assigned individually – see name tag/admissions staff )
- 1:30-3:00 Campus and housing tours departing every few minutes from BLC 103
- 3:30 – 4:30 pm
- Panel Discussion
- The Student Experience at CTS (BLC 103)
- 4:45 – 5:45 pm Afternoon Tea in Faculty Homes (on campus- meet initially at BLC 103)
- 6:00 – 8:00 pm Campus-Wide Community Dinner (Richards Center Dining Hall)
- Chili and Baked Potato Bar, plus Salad. Vegan chili will be available.
- Casual Dress
Saturday, February 24th
- 8:00 am Breakfast (BLC 1st floor hallway)
- 8:30 – 9:30 am
- Class Session
- Lecture “Double Talk: Church, State, and the Speech that Binds Them” by Rev. Kyle Brooks (BLC 101)
- 9:45 – 10:45 am
- Panel Discussion
- Opportunities Outside of the Classroom (BLC 101)
- Contextual Education
- International Programs
- 11:00 – 12:00 pm Questions & Answer Session (BLC 101)
- 12:15 – 12:45 pm Lunch (Richards Center Dining Hall)
- 1:00 pm Closing Chapel Service (Harrington Center Chapel)
- **Due to limited housing, anticipate having a roommate if you are coming alone**
- spouses/partners will be offered rooms with a single queen bed if available.
- If you are arriving Thursday before 4:30 pm
- Come to the Admissions Office 107 Campbell Hall to get your room key
- If you are arriving Thursday after 4:30 pm
- Go to the north side door of the Harrington Center (off Inman Drive–use the side door facing the library parking lot), enter the code “514” in the punch pad, turn the knob to the right and pull the door open. Your key and welcome folder will be on the registration desk. Your room will be in one of the adjoining hallways or upstairs in the Harrington Center.
- Your overnight on-campus student contact for any questions is Bryan Amick 863-289-3534.
- Linens and Towels are provided.
Where do I go when I arrive?
Please park in the Harrington Center/ Library Parking Lot
- 7:00 am – 12:30 pm Broyles Leadership Center 103
- 12:30 – 6:30 pm Campbell Hall (Room 107)
- For Breakfast, Richards Center Dining Hall
- Broyles Leadership Center 1st Floor
- If you are flying and have communicated your flights with us, you’ll be put in touch with the person who will be picking you up.
- Plan to meet the person picking you up at baggage claim for your flight.
- If you have trouble communicating with the person picking you up, you may call Admissions at 877-548-2817 for assistance.
- If you have not communicated flight information and you desire airport pickup, please contact the Admissions Office asap.