Columbia Theological Seminary offers generous need-based financial aid which is comprised of institutional grants, scholarships, and work-study. With many students receiving support for the majority of their tuition cost, it is one of the best offers around! Institutional aid will be awarded to eligible full-time, basic degree students who submit the FAFSA.
What you need to know about financial aid for your education:
- How much it costs to attend Columbia Theological Seminary depends on how many courses you take.
- Tuition for 2016-17 is $440 per credit hour and most classes are three credit hours.
- Most full time students take 27 credit hours in one academic year which equals $11,880 of tuition.
- Institutional financial aid is available to full-time students.
- Students receiving institutional aid usually receive at least 84% of tuition in grant and aid money (or $9,980).
- On-campus Seminary Service jobs are included as part of the institutional aid package.
- FAFSA is required to qualify for institutional aid (fafsa.ed.gov and our school code is G01560).
- CTS does not include federal loans in our institutional aid packages; however, you may be eligible for a student loan and can apply through the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid upon arrival.
- CTS does not offer institutional aid that exceeds the cost of tuition.
- We offer subsidized on-campus housing options for full-time students (for both single students and students with families).
- Returning students are eligible for merit scholarships that are awarded based on academic performance and promise for ministry. These scholarships supplement institutional aid.
- We recommend applying for outside scholarships to cover remaining costs of attendance.
- In short, you can expect an institutional aid package which covers at least 84% of your tuition expense. This award will include both grants and seminary service wages. Your Seminary Service will happen in an on-campus office for approx. 5 hours per week.
Contact Lucy Strong with questions by phone 404-687-4529 or email StrongL@CTSnet.edu.
Click here to begin planning with a Budget Calculator.
Financial Aid Scholarships
Financial Aid Resources