The seminary bookstore provides books and resources to support students, pastors, and lay people in their academic and spiritual lives. From the latest publications by Columbia’s faculty members to new titles on the cutting edge of scholarship and trends within the church, the bookstore is a fantastic resource for everyone interested in the reformed tradition. Come in and browse!
You can also view our newest books, specials, and other news HERE ON FACEBOOK!
What Can You Find in the Bookstore?
- New and classic titles in the areas of Theology, Presbyterian Resources, Christian Living, Church History, Biblical studies and Commentaries, Church Leadership, Pastoral Care, and much, much more!
- Official Columbia Theological Seminary gear including T-shirts and other apparel, as well as coffee mugs and tumblers.
- Handcrafted clergy stoles and gifts.
It is easy to purchase books in-person at our convenient location in the Richards Center or by telephone from anywhere in the state or country. We welcome both students and visitors to campus, so we hope you will stop by and visit us! All customers with a CTS ID will receive a 10% on all books!
Hours and Contact Information:
The bookstore is located next to the dining hall in Richards Center.
Store Hours: Monday - Wednesday, 10:30 am - 2:30 pm when classes are in session. Closed on Thursdays. Open Fridays for special campus events.
Phone: 404-687-4550 (Monday - Friday, 10:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Manager: Sue Crannell
Book Lists for Courses
Booklists for basic degree classes are posted on the MBS Direct Web Site link for ordering your books. To see the list click on the order books button and the lists will come up. You don’t need to complete the order to get the lists. At this time only the books for basic degree classes are listed there. Go to: http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/ctsnet.htm.
DMin students and participants in Life Long Learning and Spirituality courses should have received a book order form via email from the registrar with book lists for these classes. At this time we are still carrying textbooks for these classes in the campus bookstore.
Free Shipping for Online Bookorders. MBS Direct (our online textbook company) is offering students free shipping on Monday, January 4 and Tuesday, January 5. Details for ordering below!
New Online Bookstore!
As of Fall 2014 Columbia Theological Seminary announced a new partnership with MBS Direct, an online textbook supply company. Links will be available on CAMS, MOODLE, and the Columbia Seminary website. Online orders may be taken on any day at any time. New, used, and even digital textbooks will be sold subject to availability.
The online bookstore will be available for student purchases about a month before the beginning of each term. For those of you who like to save money, MBS Direct offers free shipping days that will be announced via your student email address as well as on the bookstore’s facebook page.
Here's how to order:
1. Go to the MBS Direct page for Columbia Theological Seminary at http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/ctsnet.htm. Watch your cart for savings alerts!
2. Select the payment option that fits your needs.
3. Your order is shipped within 24 hours. EBook access codes and other electronic files are downloadable immediately when purchased by credit card. SFA payments need 24 hours to process before the download is available. (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, PayPal, and SFA vouchers accepted).
For customer service, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-800-325-3252.