- COLUMBIA &
& CAMPUS LIFE
- LIBRARY &
- ALUMNI &
- PASTORS &
Feel free to send additional news and announcements for circulation at CampusUpdates@ctsnet.edu. You may find additional announcements on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Any events involving a room reservation must be confirmed on the calendar through the Business Office (Miguel Chavez at 404-687-4510 or ChavezM@CTSnet.edu).
Please note the following dates for SCC elections:
- March 20 (tomorrow): Nominations for SCC (Pres, VP, Treasurer, Secretary) positions due.
- March 23-27: Voting on SCC positions.
- March 27: Nominations for Middler and Senior class officers (Pres, Rep, 2 Nominating Committee members for each class) due.
- March 30-April 3: Voting on class officers. If needed, run-offs will be, April 13-14.
- April 16: last SCC meeting of the year (which both outgoing and incoming members will attend).
Sage and FTD: What is Our Responsibility to God’s Earth?
The Fellowship for Theological Discourse (FTD) and Sustaining Attention to God's Earth (SAGE) will be holding a joint event to look at the church's response to climate change. What is Our Responsibility to God's Earth? Join us on Thursday, March 19 from 4:00- 5:00 pm in BLC 101 and then on Friday, March 20 at 4:00 pm at The Marlay House. As an enticement to come to both events, raffle tickets will be distributed Thursday with a drawing on Friday. Refreshments will be available at both events. Details here.
Polishing Your Prose: Stylish Acedemic Writing
Many students assume that academic writing needs to be impersonal, thick with jargon, and loaded with long, complex sentences. But in fact the best research and exegesis papers are far more engaging and accessible. This workshop will help give your papers a well-deserved "makeover" by offering practical tips for polishing your prose and making your writing more stylish. This workshop will be hosted in the CTS Library on March 26 at 3:00 pm.