We are glad you are considering our Doctor of Ministry (DMin) program!
This leadership development degree program is designed for experienced pastors of any denomination who are currently engaged in ministry in the US and other North American or Caribbean settings.
Usually completed in four years, Columbia Seminary’s DMin degree program allows students to focus their research and studies in one of the following areas of concentration:
Since we expect our students to continue in their full-time ministries during the course of their studies, our DMin program is part-time. Students normally complete the program within four years.
Components of the DMin Degree Program
The 36-hour DMin degree program comprises the following:
- Introductory Seminar (6 credit hours), required at the outset of the program. Students take part in an intensive seminar to explore interdisciplinary perspectives around contemporary issues of ministry and professional development.
- Elective Courses (15 credit hours). These five three-credit courses are distributed between Biblical, Historical Doctrinal, and Practical areas.
- Introduction to Research Methodologies (1.5 credit hours). This seminar is designed to introduce students to the basic rudiments of qualitative and quantitative research methods and research design that students will need to know in order to design their final DMin projects.
- Doctor of Ministry Practicum (3 credit hours), a supervised activity in ministry. This practicum can also take place in settings as diverse as business, government, community, or church agencies where appropriate supervision and learning opportunities with peers are available.
- Project Proposal Workshop (1.5 credit hours). This seminar is offered to prepare students to articulate a well-designed project proposal before writing their final projects.
- Literature Review (3 credit hours), a critical review of relevant literature for the project with the careful guidance of the student’s first reader.
- Doctor of Ministry Project (6 credit hours), the culmination and convergence of the course of study in a significant written body of research and interpretation.
Eligibility for the DMin Degree
To be eligible to apply for the Doctor of Ministry program at Columbia Theological Seminary, applicants must have the following:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- A Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree from an institution accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
- A cumulative grade point average of honors level (a B average or above).
- At least three years of full-time work in ministry after completing the MDiv.**
**We recognize that some of our applicants have been engaged in extensive ministry work before completing the MDiv. Applicants who believe they may qualify for a waiver on this requirement are encouraged to contact Dr. Kevin Park, the Associate Dean for Advanced Professional Studies, to determine whether this requirement may be waived for them.
Contact Dr. Kevin Park, Associate Dean for Advanced Professional Studies, by email at ParkK@CTSnet.edu or by phone at 404-687-4533 to arrange a visit to our campus.
The application deadline for program entry in 2018 is April 1, 2018.
For more information, contact us at AdvancedStudies@CTSnet.edu.
Degree Tuition & Fees 2018-2019
DMin & DEdMin Cost Breakdown 2018-2019
DMin and DEdMin Cost Breakdown 18-19
한국어 정보는 여기를 클릭해 주십시오.
+ Back to Degree Programs