Library & Resources
New from the library
Date: 9/16/2014 - 10/15/2014
New to the library!
Oxford Bibliographies (Biblical Studies)
- Oxford Bibliographies offers exclusive authoritative research guides combining the best features of an annotated bibliography and a high-level encyclopedia.*
- 146 entries and more on the way. Contains entries on Christology, Baptism, and the Lord’s Prayer as well as Biblical books, people, and places.
- Check out the list of articles and contributors.
- Features include: searching within each article, a table of contents for each article allowing the user to jump to the most relevant content, and links to related articles.
- A great way to point students to reliable and authoritative information (without overwhelming them).
Bonus: Christine Yoder is on the editorial board!
*The library currently subscribes to the subject area of Biblical Studies. If other subject areas would be helpful to you and your research please let us know.
Direct access to Oxford Bibliographies is available on the Database Index page.
How Can I Keep From Singing?
Time: 12:00 pm
For Theological Libraries Month. Chapel Service led by library staff (12:00 CH Chapel)
Hymns through the Ages
For Theological Libraries Month. A display of hymnals in the library collection.
Lights Out, Game On
Time: 6:00 pm
For Theological Libraries Month. Game Night at the library 6:00 – 9:00 pm. Pizza, drinks, and glow in the dark necklaces. Capture the flag? Sardines? The library is yours for the night!
Of Sermons and Skeletons at JBCL
Date: 10/15/2014 - 10/16/2014
Time: 2:00 pm
The John Bulow Campbell Library of Columbia Theological Seminary presents “Of Sermons and Skeletons: Behind the Locked Doors of Special Collections and Archives,” October 15 and 16, 2014, 2:00 to 4:30 pm.
What waits (or lurks?) behind those locked doors? Treasures both rich and thought-provoking, including some real “skeletons!” Members of the public are invited to join the campus community for snacks and glimpses “behind the scenes.” Refreshments, displays, and tours will be offered between 2:00 and 4:30 pm. For more information contact the department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 10/20/2014 - 10/24/2014
For Theological Libraries Month. Theological Chocolate all week in the library lobby.
Coffee will be provided all day in the library lobby
For Theological Libraries Month. Coffee will be provided all day in the library lobby.
Smyth Lecture Display
Books and articles by Kathleen Callahan in the Library lobby. Distinguished scholar Dr. Kathleen A. Cahalan of Saint John’s School of Theology and Seminary and Director of the Collegeville Institute Seminars will present the Smyth Lectures at Columbia Theological Seminary on October 28-30, 2014. The series of three lectures will be offered free to the public each day in the Harrington Center Chapel on the seminary campus located at 701 S. Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA. For more information about Kathleen Cahalan and the Smyth Lectures, please visit: http://www.ctsnet.edu/news-release?id=737.