Columbia's commitment to preparing students for ministry in a global context is reflected in our broad approach to international education, which has emerged from dialogue with church leaders from around the world. More than 70 percent of our Master of Divinity students study internationally as part of their Columbia education. Our international opportunities include:
- Exlorations: Alternative Context for Ministry, a second year course offered each January. Recent international alternative context settings have been offered in Mexico, Jamaica, and Central Europe.
- Supervised Ministry: Placements in churches in Jamaica, Kenya, and South Africa, under the supervision of experienced pastors in these countries.
- Exchange Programs and Internships: In England, Scotland, Jamaica, Kenya, South Africa, Korea, and Switzerland.
- Doctor of Ministry: Courses held in Cuba, China, and South Africa.
- Pilgrimages: To Taizé, Geneva, Rome, Assisi, and Turkey.
In addition to these opportunities, Columbia students have the opportunity to study and learn with the many international students, faculty, and pastors working and studying on our campus each year.
For more information:
International Programs Office