This week at the Library
Library & Resources
In honor of Theological Libraries Month & American Archives Month the library will unveil something new every Monday in October.
What’s New #2 - Curriculum!
The library has added a number of new series to the curriculum lab (located in the children’s library) and to the circulating collection.
* Re:form is a totally new approach to youth ministry that trusts youth to wrestle with the historic Christian faith and theology. http://reform.wearesparkhouse.org/
* animate is an original take on adult education that stirs curiosity. Participants are engaged and inspired to connect with their faith. Facilitators don’t have to have all the answers. Animate encourages everyone–including the facilitator–to participate in the experience, have a point of view, and deepen faith. http://animate.wearesparkhouse.org/
* Seasons Growing Faith provides a perfect foundation for setting up a space to nurture the development of faith and the spiritual language of children at an early age (birth to age 2). http://www.seasonsonline.ca/412/172/
* Faith Questions mini-courses respond to real faith questions posed by Presbyterian youth from across the denomination. Each four- or six-session study encourages young people to look to Scripture, as well as our faith traditions, in relevant and responsive ways. http://www.presbyterianmission.org/ministries/curriculum/faith-questions/
* Our Whole Lives, together with Sexuality and Our Faith, helps participants make informed and responsible decisions about their relationships, health and behavior in the context of their faith. It equips participants with accurate, age-appropriate information in six subject areas: human development, relationships, personal skills, sexual behavior, sexual health, and society and culture. http://www.ucc.org/justice/sexuality-education/our-whole-lives.html