President's Advisory Council
Lucie Eggleston, chair
Mary Martin, vice chair
The President's Advisory Council
- Advises the seminary's president and administrative staff
- Communicates with the Board of Directors relative to the welfare and well-being of the seminary regarding its financial and physical development, academic affairs, student affairs and its church relations
The Council's individual members
- Serve as interpreters of the seminary's plans and programs to specific groups
- Encourage students of character, ability and personality to apply for admission to Columbia Seminary
- Work with alumni/ae and members of the Board of Directors in seeking financial support for Columbia
- Report to the seminary the reactions of the general public or of specific groups with which each member is associated in business or community life
- Help Columbia accomplish long-term objectives
- Make recommendations through the administrative staff for the betterment of the seminary
- Pray faithfully for God's blessing and direction in the seminary's life.
Members of the President's Advisory Council are nominated by a committee or membership consisting of the current chair of the Board of Trustees, the seminary president, and are elected by the Board of Directors. Terms of membership are three years with eligibility for re-election.
Office of Institutional Advancement