Cup and Calling
We are excited to see you soon at a
Columbia’s Cup & Calling event!
We hope you enjoy this time of virtual fellowship when President Leanne Van Dyk and several students will share how Columbia Seminary calls, prepares and sends faithful, imaginative, and resilient pastoral leaders into the church and the world today.
Columbia’s call to form leaders equipped for the challenges and opportunities of ministry is vital. During Cup & Calling, we look forward to discerning together how you can be a part of Columbia’s call in God’s world.
Cup & Calling is one hour in two parts:
The first 45 minutes is a small and friendly Zoom meeting led by your host. Come ready to introduce yourself and discuss your connection to Columbia. Look for a Zoom link in your email.
During this time, you will:
- • Visit with President Van Dyk as she reflects on the call of vocation, and how Columbia is faithful to it today
- • Hear from Dean of Students Rev. Brandon Maxwell, who oversees admissions, about how Columbia nurtures students in discerning both their call to Columbia and their call to a ministry setting when they graduate
- • Meet several current students who will share their story of call to be formed and equipped for ministry at Columbia
- • Learn about the many ways you can be a part of Columbia’s mission to embody the Holy Spirit’s call on lives
- • Enjoy a time of fellowship with Columbia friends over cookies and a warm beverage in your Cup & Calling mug
The second part of the event is a 15-minute personal phone call the same day from a member of the Columbia advancement team. This call will allow you to consider how you may be inspired to join Columbia’s mission to call, prepare and send with a gift or pledge.
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” But how are they to call on one in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in one of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone to proclaim him? And how are they to proclaim him unless they are sent? —Romans 10: 13-14
How can you respond to your call by joining Columbia’s mission to form leaders to send into the church and the world?
- Pray for our students and future students. “Lord, the harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. May your Spirit work through me to call those you are claiming for ministry.”
- Be a steward of call. Be alert to individuals in your congregation or community who show gifts for ministry and nurture them as you are able. Share their information with Columbia’s admissions team at Admissions@CTSnet.edu
- Share your passion. Host an in-person or virtual meet and greet for Columbia admissions and promising potential students in your congregation. Reach out to Admissions@CTSnet.edu for help organizing.
- Support Columbia’s work to call, prepare and send. Your financial support clears the pathway of call for current and future generations of students so they may be equipped for ministry in God’s changing world.
For questions about this event, Heidi Gleason, Director of Annual Giving, would love to help. You can reach her at 404-687-4588 or GleasonH@CTSnet.edu