Hours and Directions
Access for Persons Without Columbia Library/Building Access Cards
- All users must show a picture ID and be CTS Covid-19 Policy Compliant to enter the building. Names will be checked against the current CTS Covid-19 Policy Compliant List. Picture IDs can include current CTS Student ID Card or other identification documents such as a driver’s license or passport. Please call the Circulation Desk from the library front porch to gain entry to the building.
- All patrons are required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times.
- CTS users must make an appointment to receive their Columbia Library/Building Access card. To make an appointment, please click here. Appointments can be made between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you have a Columbia Library/Building Access card, you may enter the building during the library’s open hours.
CTS Covid-19 Policy compliant CTS students, faculty, and staff may visit the library during these hours:
Library Services for Online Students
Even though you may not be able to come into the library, we are here to work with you in any way we can. Use these methods to communicate with us from a distance.
- Phone: for immediate assistance 8:30am – 4:30pm (EST), Monday through Friday. (404) 687-4610.
- Email: for questions that do not need an immediate answer.
- Video appointments: for in-depth, one-on-one assistance with a librarian.
Email email@example.com for all queries.
These methods are available for obtaining print items:
- Contact-free pickup: We are using a locker system to safely distribute items to patrons in the Atlanta area. This includes photocopies.
- Mail: If you are in the United States, we will mail books to you. Please send a list of items and your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical items on course reserve are not available for checkout (see Requesting Scans or Sections of Books). However, texts that are required for course reading may be available as an eBook. Please check the Course Reserves link on the library website or in each Moodle course.
Requesting Scans or Sections of Books (for current faculty, students, and staff only)
Library staff are available to scan and email pages from books that you need for classes and research. When submitting scan requests, we ask that you provide as much information as possible about your requests (course name, book title, page numbers/chapter titles). We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible, ideally within a 24 to 48-hour time frame.
Physical items may be returned by mail (CTS Library, P.O. Box 520, Decatur, GA 30031) or placed in the metal drop box on the front porch of the library.
Online Materials and Tools
The CTS Library has an extensive collection of online resources.
- Library Catalog
After executing a search, use the filters on the left-hand side of the search results screen to limit results to ebooks or electronic resources.
The content of this collection is available fully online. It contains eBooks, reference books, and full-text journals.
Galileo is an interdisciplinary database with content ranging from theology to science, education, history, etc. Here you will find research starters, articles, eBooks, and many other useful digital items.
Atla is the main repository for journals and articles published on topics related to theology and religion.
- Research Guides
Use the CTS Quick Tips and Guides, One-Minute Instruction Videos, and Research Tutorials found in Moodle to help you start your research process.
Please contact us if you have any additional concerns or questions about library policies during this time. If you have questions that are not answered here or have new ideas for how we can serve you while you work off-campus, email us at email@example.com.
Remember, we are here for you!